- Sharing a business-centric approach to make OTT distribution a viable and low-risk option for diverse industries
- Spotlight on Piksel’s four pillars: Strategic Services, Professional Services, Piksel Palette™ architecture and Managed Services
- Revealing new partnerships with forward-thinking businesses finding value in online distribution methods that complement traditional models
NEW YORK, NY, September 10, 2015 – Piksel, a global leader in building successful online video businesses, will be showing at IBC 2015 (stand 14:C34) why it is critical, for any business using video, to design and successfully execute a watertight monetization plan. Sharing new customer examples, Piksel will elaborate on how its core business services are helping companies to expand their digital video footprint, as well as demonstrate how businesses can maximize their content’s value and reach new audiences.
Fabrice Hamaide, President, Piksel commented: “The business of video has evolved from the ecosystem of established roles and revenue models. In one area, we are beginning to see the convergence of broadcast and OTT workflows, which provides a huge opportunity to simplify existing systems but also requires great skill to navigate. Simultaneously, the internet has transformed video from the exclusive domain of media and entertainment providers, to a vehicle that many industries can use to reach wider audiences, carve deeper relationships, and generate new revenues. The major challenge for these new businesses is leveraging the heritage and resources to confidently construct a sustainable business plan, and in turn select the right technology to activate it, and turn it into a profitable service, while focusing on their core business. Having designed, built, managed, and invested in online video businesses for over a decade, this is Piksel’s sweet spot.”
At IBC 2015, Piksel will demonstrate how it uniquely addresses these business opportunities with its four pillars of Strategic Services, Professional Services, the cloud-based Piksel Palette™ infrastructure, and Managed Services, showing how this business-centric approach is making OTT delivery a possibility for diverse new markets. Together, these elements help businesses position for success through unrivaled business modeling capabilities and consumer market analysis techniques, getting OTT offerings to market and keeping these services always on.
New customers and deployments will be revealed at the show, highlighting the breadth of markets that a service-led approach is able to support. As well as revealing a major global content network partnership, Piksel will share insights about its strategic expansion into new verticals such as travel, sports and niche content.
Visitors to stand 14:C34 at IBC 2015 can attend the following scheduled daily talks, which give an overview of market trends in the theatrette:
- 10:30 a.m.- Business of Video: Highlighting key trends in the online video business with ways to take advantage of unified workflows at the intersection of broadcast and OTT, featuring Piksel Palette™ and Piksel Digital Showcase™.
- 12:00 p.m.- Entertainment in Motion: Case Study featuring the Transavia Entertainment App based on Piksel Voyage, a recently launched passenger entertainment solution which leverages the popularity of personal devices.
- 2:00 p.m.- The Rise of the MCN: Why unlocking features and growing revenues are key to their success.
- 3:30 p.m.- Life in 4k: Piksel’s new end-to-end UHD 4K streaming proof-of-concept designed to push outstanding viewing experiences direct to the consumer, featuring Discovery content.
Mark Christie, Piksel’s Chief Technology Officer, will be participating in the “Future of Broadcasting: Hot topics and game changers” panel within the Rising Stars conference stream from 4:40 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 12, 2015. Miles Weaver, Piksel’s Innovation Lead, will be talking about the next-generation of passenger entertainment on Friday, September 11, 2015 from 4:30 p.m. to 4:50 p.m. in a session entitled “Entertainment in Motion” at the Content Everywhere Hub (stand 14.J10).
To book a briefing with a senior Piksel spokesperson at IBC 2015 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piksel has been building successful online video businesses for over a decade. Our offering of strategic, professional and managed services is underpinned by the Piksel Palette’s SaaS-based infrastructure. It’s this recipe that enables our media and entertainment clients to prosper in today’s video market.
Piksel’s unrivaled expertise is in designing, building, managing, and investing in online video solutions for the likes of AT&T, BSkyB, Channel 4, Liberty Global, Mediaset, OSN and Transavia. Headquartered in New York City, Piksel offices can be found throughout Europe and the Americas.
Piksel Media Contact:
Marketing and Communications Manager
T: +1 (646) 801 4695
Platform PR for Piksel:
Global Account Manager
T: +44 207 486 4900